Monday, March 9, 2009

Poor guy!


This is a pic. of Peyton last week when he wasn't feeling so great! He had a fever and kept telling me his ears hurt. He was mostly pulling on his left ear. This all started like on Mon. and he just got worse, so Wed. I took him to the doc. He said that he just had the common cold and to bring his car seat in and put it in his crib and strap him in it to sleep upright. I was like, okay.... Jake and I laughed when we got home. Yeah, like that is gonna work. Peyton hardly even sleeps in his seat when he's in the car. I can't even imagine trying that. Anyway, Peyton just got even worse by Thur. I could barely keep the temp. under control with baths and motrin. He would be trying to play and he would just stop and let out a cry and grab his left ear and tell me his ears hurt. So that night I took him back to the ped. and we saw a dif. doc. When he was looking in Peytons ears he said "What's in your ears?" Peyton said, "crackers and cereal." then the doc. said that he didn't see any crackers or cereal, but he has an ear infect. REALLY?? On the outside on the canal and it could be infected down in the canal too. But, he didn't want to tramatize Peyton by trying to get a better look when he knew he needed an antibiotic anyway. He seemed like a great doc. and he didn't charge me for the appt. because I was just there the night before. Now that we got the antibiotic in him he is doing much better! I don't know about these doc. sometimes, and we trust them with our kids. It is scary! I am very thankful for seeing the 2nd doc. though!

3 comments:

James and Jade Bethers said...

Hey Em....Sometimes it takes a little while for the ear infection to show up. Dr. Pollary told me that himself and he is supper supper good! The best in Vernal by far. He said that with some kids you can check them for an ear infection and nothing will show up and then check them again in 4 hours and they will have all the signs and symptoms. I don't know who you went to ( because we do have so crappy doctors in this town) but that may be the reason the doc didn't catch it the first time. I am sooo glad Peyton is doing better though! It is rough having sick kids!

Cara Lee said...

what were you late for?

Jaimie said...

I'm sorry your little guy wasn't feeling well. I just noticed that on the right side of your blog you have written all the cute ways peyton pronounces his words. That is adorable. I loved reading that. When Easton says cute things... sometime in the near future, I may have to copy that... at least in a post. I love it.

Followers