Monday, September 12, 2011

My sweet little "big boy"

Peyton started preschool a couple of weeks ago. He went to preschool last year as well. Last year he came home most days telling us he played. We rarely could get more out of him about what his class did that day. We put him in for the social aspect, which he did benefit from. Other than that we didn't feel he got much out of going. Maybe that school does more with the four year old class but Jake and I still felt like Peyton needed more of a challenge. So we decided to switch schools for this year. Peyton has learned more in the first few weeks than I think he learned all last year. Peyton gets in the car and immediately starts telling me all the things he did that day and what he learned. We already are loving his new school and are so happy we made the change. This school is much smaller and lots of the kids walk in the door by themselves. Peyton had Mommy or Daddy walk him in the first few times. Then, one morning he said "Mom I want to walk in by myself." I said "Okay, are you sure?" Peyton then replied, "Mom, I still love you. I just want to try it by myself." Well, mommy's heart melted and I had to let my big boy walk in all by himself. Now he prefers to walk by himself every morning :( Mommy is sometimes sad that he is growing up, but I love watching him grow and I love seeing his confidence shine through. Peyton still loves books and he loves to draw and color. We still read books everyday. I am glad that he loves books so much. He is very good at coloring and he really takes his time to stay in the lines. He will sit at the table and color or draw for hours. I will even try to get him to play or watch a movie with me and he tells me he wants to color. Here is one of the many pictures that he has colored. He colored it all by himself without any help, we think it is awesome! We are so proud of our Peyton!

No comments:

Followers