Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Down to the "Nitty Gritty"

Well, I can't believe how fast time flies. It seems that nine months of pregnancy lasts forever when you don't have any kids yet. Well, the second time around just flies right by. I guess the first time I didn't have anything better to do but eat and sleep. Now the second time around I am always busy being a wife and mommy, I don't have time to just sit around and eat bon bons anymore! HAHA! We are now down to the last few weeks and we are getting super excited! We don't really have everything ready yet. Like the baby's room, um yeah, still a mess! We still have a few things that need to be moved out of there and into the basement. Then we need to set up the crib and decorations. I finally did go through all the baby stuff and get everything washed and put away in the dresser and closet. The car seat is ready to go, along with the car seat canopy I made:) I guess if he decided to make an early appearance we could get by. I started to make a rag quilt for him and the sewing machine started acting up. I took it to the repairman and he asked if I was in hurry to get it back. I told him what I was working on and that I had 6 weeks before the due date. I was supposed to get it back that Saturday. Well, repairmen seem to have crazy busy lives too! I just got it back today, a couple weeks late! I should have time to get that project done as long as the old thing decides to cooperate! So all is well and we are just trucking right along. Baby still doesn't have a name just yet. We do have a couple picked out and just aren't sure which to go with yet. We may just have to see him first. Of coarse, Peyton is still hoping to name him Andy from Toy Story. Hate to break Peyton's little heart, but that is not one of the prospects. Here are a couple pics, the first one is at 27 weeks, the second is at 36 weeks, and third the car seat canopy I made.

4 comments:

Merideth Sullivan said...

Haha, that is so cute that he wants to name him Andy. I love the canopy you made! Did you find the pattern online?

Jenna said...

You look so good, Emily! I am so excited that you're so close. I guess I lost track of time. I love the canopy, it's super cute. My sister-in-law (Jared's side) has one of those and I want one sooo bad :) Yours is adorable! I hope you're feeling okay. Those last few weeks are hard. Love ya!

Jaimie said...

You look so beautiful!!! You look just like every girl hopes they'll look when they are pregnant... tiny with a darling little pregnany belly! I am excited for you baby to get here. I can't wait to see pictures.

The McClellan Clan said...

girl, you don't look any different. If I didn't see a belly there I wouldn't even know you were pregers, still skinny as ever and so beautiful!! You are such a sweetheart and I wish you the very very best!! Peyton is going to be the BEST big bro!! He is such a cute kid!!! love ya!

Followers