Today I had the bug man come and spray for bugs, spiders, and the hornets. The hornets were my biggest concern since they have a nest under my front porch and whenever you open the front door they feel we are intruding on their turf. I really didn't want Peyton or visitors to get stung. So I called the bug man. He came and sprayed in and outside the house, the garage and the basement for 49 bucks! He found 10 huge black widows on our house outside. He showed a few of them to me after he sprayed and told me that they are big enough to kill an adult if one were to bite. The biggest one was also on my front porch. They like to nest up under siding. I knew we had black widows but I didn't know we had huge ones and so many! Luckily they were outside! He told me that the males are brown and they don't get quite as big as the females. But, where there are females there is usually a male close by. The females that he showed me can lay up to 750 eggs 3 times a year! Yuck! That is alot! He said it is best to spray 2x per year. Now in the fall and again in the spring. The spray is used in hospitals and resturaunts and in completey safe around kids and pets. I am so glad we had him come. 98 bucks a year is nothing when it could save a life! So if you haven't had your house sprayed I suggest you get 'er done!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
eewwwww!!!!
Today I had the bug man come and spray for bugs, spiders, and the hornets. The hornets were my biggest concern since they have a nest under my front porch and whenever you open the front door they feel we are intruding on their turf. I really didn't want Peyton or visitors to get stung. So I called the bug man. He came and sprayed in and outside the house, the garage and the basement for 49 bucks! He found 10 huge black widows on our house outside. He showed a few of them to me after he sprayed and told me that they are big enough to kill an adult if one were to bite. The biggest one was also on my front porch. They like to nest up under siding. I knew we had black widows but I didn't know we had huge ones and so many! Luckily they were outside! He told me that the males are brown and they don't get quite as big as the females. But, where there are females there is usually a male close by. The females that he showed me can lay up to 750 eggs 3 times a year! Yuck! That is alot! He said it is best to spray 2x per year. Now in the fall and again in the spring. The spray is used in hospitals and resturaunts and in completey safe around kids and pets. I am so glad we had him come. 98 bucks a year is nothing when it could save a life! So if you haven't had your house sprayed I suggest you get 'er done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh honey, you don't have to tell me that. I have such a fobia that we get ours sprayed every2 or 3 months and out here in SG we do it once a month in the spring and fall especially- CRAZY NASTY stuff!! We have to do it cause Kaelyn has nightmares about bugs so this is how she calms down. Crazy huh!! Glad you got those puppies taken care of!! Don't you love how bug guys give you all the statistics though to freak you out:)
That is a lot of black widows. Scary.
Post a Comment