Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Please help!!!
Peyton has graduated to a toddler bed from a crib. The first month he did great with the exception of nap time. So, he hasn't been taking naps. You would think that he would be so tired from no nap time that he wouldn't have the energy to keep getting up at night too. We go through the old regular routine and tuck him into bed. He must not be like other toddlers that get up 30-40 times. No, he is more like the energizer bunny that keeps going and going, getting up 100s of times. It will go on for HOURS at night. I am getting so frustrated and have tried everything. Including the "Super Nanny" technique of making no eye contact and no talking and putting him back in bed. He laughs and just keeps getting up. I have tried threats and bribery. I have literally tried everything. Please give me some suggestions in case there is some miracle technique out there that I have not tried!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry - that is so hard. I dont have a ny miracle treatment for ya. Somethimes the super nanny method would work and sometimes it wouldnt. Hope it gets better soon.
I don't have any tips, just a giggle or two- he's super cute!
Oh my goodness...Gracie has been in a toddler bed for 9 months now and I am still having issues. Funny enough Max just installed a lock on her door from the outside so we literally lock her in her room....SO SAD. I kept threatening to put the crib back up and that wouldn't faze her either. So the last two nights have been so blissful. Sad but blissful. The first night she cried and was sad for about 20 minutes and I just went in and said it is time for bed and mommy is right out the door and told her big girls put themselves to sleep. Then last night she went right to bed and slept through the night!!!! I still kept the door locked all night though so I wouldn't hear the pitter patter of her little feet every ten minutes. I hear you though because I think I am getting up with her more now than when she was an infant. The last 3 months I was just sleeping in her tiny toddler bed with her which is a definite super nanny NO NO! LOL So in conclusion the lock on the door worked for us so far just because she can open doors. I also sometimes try quiet time for 10 minutes. She gets to choose for me to read her a book or 10 minutes of quiet playtime in her room by herself. When she did do playtime I would shut her door and sure enough 15 minutes later she was in her bed sleeping. But, she thought she was getting her way by getting to play.
I am still trying to figure it out girl so I am soooo sorry I am no help. With my little man we didn't get him out of the crib till age 3 and he never got out of bed. But, he was an amazingly good kid in every way and nothing like our little monster Grace. So for awhile I thought she was having a hard time with it because I did it too early????
Does Peyton just want his mom? Or does he just want to play? Gracie is just a mommies girl and wants to sleep with me. But, mommy wants to sleep with daddy and needs to put a stop to this, LOL!!!!
Hey there, shoot me your comments to tackgoddess@hotmail.com I would love to hear what you have to say because I am in need of all the help I can get! Thanks again for your help!
Post a Comment