Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall...

I love fall! I love it when the leaves start to change and our surroundings are beautiful shades of orange, red, and yellow. I love how the air smells crisp and clean. I love to see the the holidays start to roll in and the fun it brings. To kick it off we went to the corn maze! Are hubby's had to work and so the girls and kids went without them. It turned out to be so much fun! They had slides and swings, goats to pet, and a corn shed to play in- which was Peyton's favorite. The kids made it through phase 1 of the maze in no time and then attempted phase 2. After we kept coming to the same place and moans and groans of hunger, thirst, and tiredness. They all decided to just back track and go out the way we came in. Even though we were more than half way to the exit. So we all tracked back and went out the entrance. Then we had hot dogs and pop and launched a few pumpkins and then came home. The kids all loved it and had so much fun! Then the next sunday my sister-in-law brought tons of peaches over. I thought how fun it would be to make jam. I hadn't ever done it before so my wonderful mother came over and we listened to General Conference and made yummy peach jam. We had a great time together and the jam turned out great! I thought it was another great way to welcome the season of fall!

No comments:

Followers