Friday, July 3, 2009

If you want something done..... Do it yourself

So in April I was getting bids and such for landscaping. I found somebody who had a decent price and I had heard that they do a really nice job. They did the yard up the road from me and it looks great. We decided to go ahead and go through them. He said he was working on a job and had another one the following week. He would just throw us in between because ours isn't that big and wont take long at all. He said it would be all the way finished in two weeks! I was so excited! Well, two weeks went by and still they never showed or called. I called him, he said the rain was holding them back and they would hopefully be here the following week to get started. Well, a couple more weeks went by and a no show no call again. Then I called him and he said he would be here the next wed. I remember because I was going out of town and couldn't wait to come home to my new yard. Well, I came home to even taller weeds. I had called him again and he said he would give me a call back after checking with his guys but he thought they'd be able to do it the following week. Never heard from him again for 2 more weeks. Finally, I called him again and he told me the rain was really holding them back. I said I understand. He said they would be here that Fri. and if they didn't show Fri. It would for sure be Mon. or Tues. So that next Wed. After he didn't show or call again I called him. He said this rain and dtdtdta. I said I understand, we were just hoping that it could have been done by July 7th because we are having company. I don't want it rushed not done right. He said, Oh I wouldn't do that to ya. I told him alot of the time that it has rained around other parts of town it hasn't rained at our house and instead of his workers going home they could have been coming over here and been making $. He said he would talk to his guys and call me back tonight or tomorrow. Tonight and tomorrow went by ---NOTHING-- I called him the next day. He said "I have a cement truck right here and I can't hear you." I'll call you right back. That evening when Jake got home, Jake asked if I had talked to him and I said no I left him a message this morning leaving my cell # to make sure if I wasn't at home he could still reach me. He never called so I called him this afternoon and i told him about the cement truck and the guy saying he'd call me right back. But, I still hadn't heard back from him. Jake got the phone and called him and he told Jake, when your wife first called me I told her I was booked for the year. REALLY??? Then he said, I have been calling your house today to get permission to come over and your wife hasn't answered. REALLY??? Jake said, You have permission!! We want it to get done!! I know it's a holiday weekend but we wanted it to be done. He said the guys working for him don't celebrate the fourth and he'll see if he can get them to come and give us a call back. He never called back. In the meantime, I found out that he has a business partner, so I decided I would call him to see if we were even on a schedule and if we weren't I would get someone else. I didn't want to be the jerk and schedule someone else if the first guy was actually gonna show. I told the business partner what had happened briefly and asked if we were on some kind of schedule. He said he'd check and call me back. Well, the other guy called back and was all ticked at me!! REALLY?? He said if you are going to go behind my back and talk crap to my partner you'd just better go somewhere else. I told him I didn't and that I just wanted to know if we were on a schedule and if it would ever get done because you always say your gonna be here and you don't show and then you say you'll call back and you don't call. He told me if I was gonna be that way and go behind his back to go somewhere else. I told him that is fine we had already made those arrangments and I would make sure NOT to recommend him to anybody that I knew. That was this morning. I felt horrible not knowing what was said between his partner and him I called the partner back. I told him that I was really sorry I didn't mean to cause any problems between them. I know that they are in business together. It wasn't my intentions to "go behind the other guys back and talk crap" I just wanted to know if they had us scheduled. He said "I am sorry." I don't deal w/ that part of the business and you didn't know that when you called me and all I told my partner was to make sure that you were taken care of. I told him well, we are taken care of all right! I didn't want to be on bad terms w/ anyone. But, he told me to go elsewhere and we had already started to get that lined out anyway. He was so nice and apologized again for his partner and said "hey, you and I are on good terms". I told him thanks and goodbye. So this morning. Two of Jakes wonderful friends came over and have been working on it. We should have the sprinkler in by today and the sod down on about Tues. YAY!! Thanks so much to JAKE, TRAVIS, and JESSE! We are finally going to have a front yard!!! and save $$$$ YAY!! THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN YOU GUYS!!!!

2 comments:

Cara Lee said...

OMG! that sucks so bad, what a punk of a guy to do that to you for weeks and weeks, and then try to make you look like a bad guy.

Jaimie said...

Wow. That is just terrible the way they kept putting you off. I would be so mad.

I can't wait to see what your husband and his friends did to your front yard. You'll have to post a pic when it's done.

Followers